Thursday, January 23, 2014

More books to read before they hit theaters

After my first post about five books turning into upcoming movies (see original post here), I decided to write about a few more books turning into upcoming movies. I know I always want to read the book before the movie, so here's your chance to do the same.

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy #1 by Richelle Mead)
After Twilight series finished, I guess the movie industry wants to cash in on the YA vampire fad. Look for lots of teenage drama--like gossip and backstabbing, and a touch of action. It hits theaters Valentine's Day.




Heaven is for Real (by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent)
Based on a true story where a young boy died, went to heaven, then came back. Over the years, he offered insights to what he saw there. The book is a fascinating, quick read. It should be interesting to see how they make this into the movie.  Comes out Easter 2014.




The Fault in Our Stars (by John Green)
Though I generally love paranormal stories, there were so many positive reviews and comments for TFIOS, that I picked up the audiobook to read (orlisten to) it. Yes, it a serious subject matter (kids with cancer), but it is also a love story that will resonate with many readers and movie goers. Look for it in theaters June 6th. Movie Trailer hasn't been released yet, but here's the publisher's book trailer:


 
 
 Mokingjay (Hunger Games #3 by Suzanne Collins)
The Hunger Games was good, but Catching Fire was much better. The cinematography was steadier than the first book The script was very close to the book, in fact, some dialogue was the exact dialogue from the book. With the popularity of these two movies, you know Mockingjay will have to meet some high expectations. I guess that's why they are splitting Collins' third book into two different movies. Look for Mockingjay part 1 to hit theaters on November 21, 2014! Since the trailer isn't out, please enjoy the book trailer.
 


 
 

BONUS TRAILER:
In my previous post, the Divergent movie trailer hadn't been released. I linked to the book trailer. Now that the movie trailer is out, I thought I'd include it in this post. Can't wait to see it this March!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment