Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Five Books Turned into Movies Releasing Soon

I love book trailers.  I'll check out book trailers before, during, or after I read a book.  I want to see how the author and publisher view the book.  But even better than book trailers are when they are turned into movies! Most readers wait in eager anticipation of who is selected as the main character, and may even go to midnight screenings just to make sure that the movie holds its own against the book.  (And of course discuss the alterations the movie had that wasn't in the book.) A few movies are coming out within the next few months that I'm looking forward to. Have you read the books? If not, then there is still time! What are your thoughts on these trailers?

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #2 by Rick Riordan) 
The first Percy Jackson movie was HORRIBLE!!!  It never matched the book. Even worse, it left out the bad guy, and didn't set the film up for the rest of the series. It would be as if the first Harry Potter film were made without the mention of Lord Voldemort.  You can't do that!  Especially when you have a reader fan base. I was surprised to find out that they made the second Percy Jackson movie.  They have a lot of catching up to do. I hope it is better than the first movie.  Needless to say, I won't be watching this at any midnight premier on August 7, 2013!



City of Bones (Mortal Instruments #1 by Cassandra Clare)
This is the first movie in the Mortal Instruments series that is geared to young adults. There will be so many supernatural elements to this film, that I can't wait to see what these creatures will look like.  There will be a ton of action, probably a bit of violence, and a hint of romance. Hopefully it will hold its own against the book. I'm looking forward to this when it hits theaters on August 23, 2013.



Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2 by Suzanne Collins)
After the success of The Hunger Games, the sequel, Catching Fire, is sure to be just as popular.  I love the curve ball in the second book that has the main characters facing the games' drama all over again. Just hope that the cinematography is better than the first one.  The camera was all over the place in the first movie. Still, I'm eager to see how close to the book they are going to keep this-- and if it will have the same cliff hanger ending that will have fans screaming for the third movie. Are you ready for November 22, 2013 to get here?  I know I am!




The Maze Runner (Maze Runner #1 by James Dashner)
It is still too early for the official movie trailer to be released for this movie, so I have embeded the book trailer for you. This is the Hunger Games meets Lord of the Flies. I'm eager to see how they generate the creatures of the maze and if they will sound like they do in the book.  I don't think the movie will be as scary as the book is, but it will still have fans on the edge of their seats! Look for this one when it releases on February 14, 2014, but you might not want to take a date to this one. It isn't romantic.



Divergent (Divergent #1 by Veronica Roth)
The third book in this book series isn't even out, and the movie for the first book has already begun filming.  Yes, the books are that good!  It's a dystopian novel/movie that is set in futuristic Chicago. There will be tons of action and drama.  There's also a touch of romance.  This will be much anticipated, and will attract the same fan base as the Hunger Games. See my review of the book here. Yes, this will be one that I will want to see at the midnight showing when it releases on March 21, 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment